Search This Blog

Sunday 18 January 2015

Review: Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer



Recently, for the first time in my life I have been suffering with terrible dry skin. My skin has always been quite oily, particularly on my T-zone so I was pretty surprised and upset this winter when I noticed dry, flaky patches on my forehead, nose and chin. While I have been trying a combination of different techniques and products to solve my new skin issues, I decided to try the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer when I saw a set of three Smashbox primers on sale in my local store. 

This primer is different to the type of primers I am used to using before I put on my make up, in that it doesn't give that soft, blurring effect. It does however leave a nice dewy look on my skin instead.

The real question for me is whether it combats my dry patches which are heightened by my foundation. 

I've tried this product out for a few days now and I would say, while it doesn't completely cover up my dry skin on a bad day, it definitely helps and can cover it completely when my skin isn't doing so bad.

I don't think I would splash out the full cost for a regular tube of this primer but I also don't regret purchasing it at a lower cost and can see myself easily using it up this winter. 

--------

Keep an eye out for upcoming reviews of the other two Smashbox primers featured in the set.



No comments:

Post a Comment