Search This Blog

Monday 9 March 2015

Dolce & Gabbana's New Matte Lipsticks - Dolce Desire

Today is just a really quick post about my first impressions of the new Dolce & Gabbana matte lipstick range. I haven't worn the lipstick out yet so I can't tell you how well it fairs all day (although I'm already thinking it will do pretty well) but thought a few of you out there might want a better grasp on the colour and finish of the product so here it is.


(please excuse the state of me, it's been a long weekend!)


I am OBSESSED with matte red lipsticks, have been for years. To be honest, I struggle with the concept of ever wanting a red lipstick that doesn't have a matte finish. I just don't understand why I would ever want glossy red, when I can have matte red. I'm weird like that. So when I saw the ads for the new range by Dolce & Gabbana I was super excited. Mostly because I wanted to be the woman on the poster of course.

I picked up my lipstick in Harrods yesterday, which I am pretty sure is the only store in the UK currently selling this range and I went for Dolce Desire which is the pinker shade worn by one of the two lovely ladies from the ad campaign.


In the harsh department store lighting the shade looked a little bit too pink for my liking, but I remembered how lovely it looked on the advert and behind the scenes footage and how excited I had been and went for it. Boy am I glad I did.

Firstly it is unlike any other colour I have in my somewhat extensive range of matte reds. The slightly pinkish hue is beautiful and brings out the whiteness in my teeth more than some more orangey reds in my collection which can make them look a little yellow. I think what makes it that bit fresh and original is the deepness of the colour, as most pinkish lipsticks I have tried in the past have been quite bright but this one is so deep and sexy. The finish is PERFECTLY MATTE. Like your lips are coated with velvet or suede. The packaging is simple but feels expensive and heavy as you would expect. 

So to conclude, I am loving this lipstick and no doubt will slowly be building myself a collection of many of the colours in the range although I am super glad I picked this shade to start off with.

Has anyone tried any other shades in the range yet? 

2 comments:

  1. I found that very helpful since they don't sell d&g cosmetics in stores in Austria and I have to order it online. This shade suits you perfectly, looks very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of help to you! I hope you were happy with the shade when it arrived?

      Delete