Search This Blog

Thursday 12 March 2015

The Matte Reds: Part 1


Searching for the perfect matte lipstick? You've come to the right place! 
I'm an addict when it comes to red lipsticks and for me, it's matte all the way. So today I've decided to share with you some of my favourite matte reds, including one from the new Dolce and Gabbana range (reviewed here). 


Left to right: L'Oreal Exlusive Reds Blake, L'Oreal Exclusive Reds Eva, Rimmel Kate 01, Dolce and Gabbana Desire


1: L'Oreal Exclusive Reds Blake £7.99




To me, this shade is a perfect red. It's the purist red of all the reds! With a lovely very matte finish.

02. L'Oreal Exclusive Reds Eva £7.99



With an identical finish to the Blake shade in the same range, this lipstick is a very rich orange-red. It's not overly bright and therefore I find it very flattering and easy to wear, and I think it would suit olive skin tones beautifully (like Eva's of course)


03. Rimmel Kate 01 £5.49



Similar in colour to Eva but brighter and slightly more red, this shade is pretty bold. It has the least matte finish of the four but tends to dry to a more matte finish after a little while. This is one of my oldest and trustiest reds!

04. Dolce and Gabbana Dolce: Desire £26.50



My current favourite, this shade from Dolce and Gabbana is a cut above the rest, with a somewhat hefty price tag. Personally, I think it's totally worth it for that creamy velvet finish that this lipstick gives, and I love the deep pink-red colour. It's the most matte of all which in my opinion is a great thing!


So there you have it, I hope I've helped you on your way to finding your favourite matte red lipstick! If you're still searching, come back soon for part 2 where I'll have a few more matte reds for you deliberation (I know, I have problems).

Plus, if you have any recommendations for me of your favourites, I'd love to hear about them so please leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment