Search This Blog

Friday 4 December 2015

Matte... Purple?

So you may have caught on by now to my obsession with matte red lipstick HOWEVER this month it seems I finally caught the purple lip bug and this Black Friday it was my mission in life to pick out the perfect purple lipstick for myself.

I searched and searched for hours and hours and days and days and finally went for these bad boys.


From left to right: Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick in Grape Soda, Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick in Lilac Moon (£10 each from Cocktail Cosmetics), Violet Voss Glitter in Aurora (£6.50 from Cocktail Cosmetics)

In the end, I chose to go for lipstick rather than liquid lipsticks mostly for comfort and because I knew I would want to blend shades and while I'm sure this would have been possible with liquid lipstick I thought it would probably be easier this way.

I was tempted by a quite a few brands, NYX's liquid lipsticks, MAC's Heroine, pretty much every shade of purple from Lime Crime however I felt that Gerard Cosmetics had both of the best shades I had seen and wanted, a pinky bold purple and a lilac.



And here's the look sin glitter. I used Sleek's eau la la lip liner in Raisin to line my lips, then Grape Soda all over and Lilac Moon in the centre of both of my lips. 

I felt a little drag queen at first but I then got used to it.

So I thought

LET'S UP THE DRAG QUEEN GAME!


And used Violet Voss cosmetic glitter in Aurora all around the edges of my lips just leaving a little bare patch in the centre to keep that ombre look.




I'm not sure how much guts it will take me to wear these lipsticks out and about but I know that I want to. All of these products I found very comfy and not too drying, even the glitter which surprised me. The lipsticks take a few coats if you want a bold colour, but I am happy with that.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my first dabble in purple lips, I feel this is the start of a beautiful obsession. Help me out by letting me know your favourite purple lipsticks/liquid lipsticks!



No comments:

Post a Comment