Search This Blog

Monday 8 February 2016

Sugarpill 'Trinket' - Sugarpill's first liquid lipstick (Review)


Today is going to (hopefully) be a quick one! A review on the first liquid lipstick from Sugarpill Cosmetics in the shade 'Trinket'. Now this product was limited edition and sold out in minutes however, Sugarpill have hinted that they might possibly be re-releasing the lipstick itself but if they decide to it won't have the same sexy packaging design by Bei Badgirl.


Now on to the review! I tried this product on as soon as it arrived in the mail and firstly, the colour is BEAUTIFUL! No really, I am obsessed. To me it is a nudey-rosey-mauve with stunning gold shimmer. Glitter doesn't seem like the right word, although it does glitter, it has so much glitter in it, and the glitter is so fine, that it almost just looks like an incredible golden shine. The shimmer intensifies as the lipstick dries after application. Now I have quite fair skin so it looks a little darker on me than it might on others, however it also seems like that nude-mauve colour that I have been searching for (and think I have finally found in a matte version - tune in for that soon) and it's super flattering.

The finish is unique and you can't quite capture it in photos although I think it photographs beautifully. Not only is the shade stunning, I think this is also honestly the most comfortable liquid lipstick I have ever worn and not drying at all. Because of the shimmer however, it does highlight those cracks and signs of dry lips so make sure you exfoliate and moisturise first.

Lastly, it is very long wearing. I wore this out to a 3-course Lebanese meal and only topped it up once, after desert, but it was still holding up pretty well to be honest. I was eating creamy cheese sauce, balsamic vinegar, ice cream... and this baby, although worn a fair amount in the centre, was still going impressively strong.  



I had to include some pictures of the super cute packaging. Look at it!


So as you may be able to tell, I am in love with Trinket. I think it ranks as my second favourite liquid lipstick but may well edge it's way up to first position with a few more wears. It is easily the most comfortable. A beautiful formula and I cannot wait for more liquid lipstick releases from Sugarpill coming this year. 

When those babies hit the store, all I can say is BUY, BUY, BUY!


No comments:

Post a Comment